There are about seven games released this month, and you don’t want to
play pay for any of them. This, my friends, is Dry July.
It might also be the clever name of a commendable charity event that sees a bunch of alchos give up booze for a month in the name of a good cause, but it has far more serious connotations for gamers.
There’s never anything released around this time of year. We’ve grown to accept that, and use July as a special month. It’s time to clear our gaming backlogs. To go back through all those games started, but not completed, over the past 12 months.
It rarely actually works, but this year I’m going to get stuck into my gaming bucket list. Yes, that includes you, Skyward Sword. Anyone who has ever been on our Wii channel will know that I’m a self-labeled Zelda fanboy. You’ll also know that I’m yet to finish Skyward Sword for a number of reasons; none of them good enough.
Oh the shame.
I shall finally finish thee, before thy month doth pass. And here is the rest of my Dry July gaming backlog that I will attempt to finish before the end of the month.
- Max Payne 3 - This is on top because I only have two chapters left. I will have my way with you soon, Max.
- Spec Ops: The Line - This will be completed tonight. A nice easy one to boost moral.
- The Amazing Spider-Man: The Game - A recent acquisition.
- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - My not so secret shame.
- Uncharted 3 - Surely there’s only like 10 minutes left?
- Assassin's Creed: Revelations - Not even started...
- Batman: Arkham City - Might as well just wait for the Wii U version.
- Portal 2 Co-Op - I’ve actually finished this one! But Heller and I have been trying to play through it again for months...
- Halo Reach - Never got into it for some reason.
And there’s about 30 more just in my Steam account that haven’t been touched, but let’s not even go there.
The idea is that I will finish all of them, but I’m seriously hopeful for at least half. I can do that, right, RIGHT?
By Ben Salter - Bio
What’s your gaming backlog this Dry July?