[2008-03-26] SSBB Update Released for Wiikey!
We are pleased to be able to announce the release of Firmware Update 1.9s for Wiikey which is available in the resources section. This fixes the issue with original SSBB discs not working and it should also no longer be possible to render the chip inoperable by using patched config discs. A new config option to block system updates from DVD is also supported. The 1.9s config discs will be released by the end of this week.
Sarukun said: lol doesn't block updates
Whats this new update for then....
Ozmodchips said:Here is an interesting point.....
I set update blocking to on
I set dev mod to on...
I inserted the same SSBB disc and it didnt ask for an update!
I click start and i get a black screen (it need the update to run)
But interesting that the update is kind of blick blocked from the config disc. The SSBB is a RAW DL ISO, untouched by truncha
daveyska said: I'm glad they didn't use that picture of an ass as the background image for the update screen.
-Runs are pretty much the same speed as the 1.9g update. It does a test, and then dump.
- No Ass
- No 'segaaa'
- No homer
-Runs fine without the need for GCOS, even when region free is turned off. FINALLY!
Config Disc Menu:
- As you can see there are a couple of new options on the main menu.
- The Wiikey disc dumper has been taken out
- Classic IPL --> Click on it will make the menu freeze for about 3 seconds, and then the original GC logo/animation will run....then it will return back to the config menu. No idea about the use of this.
Wiikey config options:
- New options are Dev Mode and Block updates.
- The picture you see below are the default settings when you enter the menu.
- Block updates is set to on, but it didn't seem to block updates.
- Setting Dev mode to on (and leaving block updates on) seems to totally bypass game updates, and games run fine if the update is not needed.
- Allows you to change the drive speed, but unfortunately our tests have shown so far that it is still locked to 3x This is the point of a BETA though, so fingers crossed it will be fixed.
- SSBB retail working fine on my PAL and NTSC-U machine.
- SMG still working!
beralj said: Does this update make an original copy of SSBB from the US work?
Is the DVD update blocker permanently on-or do you have to instert the update disc, turn it on, take out the disc and then put in the game?
it should always be on (that's the default setting) - but i don't know if it works 100%. why don't you try it yourself and let us know?
bobg said: cool.... does anyone know if this changes the way someone would need to burn a ntsc backup of ssbb? does this mean i wouldn't need to apply the brick blocker anymore?
I was wondering if we needed to filechop this file to gcube size b4 we burn it or can we just burn the 40mb file straight from the disc
obatherbal is now Level 2!
commented on Australian game sales approach $3b, mostly digital
commented on Just Cause 3 multiplayer mod on the way
commented on Target store in SA displays games in plain packaging
Rapsody228 is now Level 13!
commented on First Aussie team competing at Smite World Championships this week
commented on Friendly Fire Show 122: The Finale
CybaCowboy wants Red Dead Redemption - Undead Nightmare, Red Dead Redemption, Dead or Alive 5, Gone Home and other 3 games