Capcom have officially announced Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop is in development exclusively for the Nintendo Wii, though it is a port of the Xbox360 Version.
Capcom have also made public that the game is built on the same engine that Resident Evil: 4 was built on which made the game a success on the Nintendo Wii and Capcom have said you should expect a more immersive, intuitive and interactive experience as players use the Wii Remote to shoot, slash and bludgeon their way through a zombie infested shopping mall, fighting for survival.
Here are some details released by Capcom regarding Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop:
• Utilizes the same engine as Resident Evil 4 Wii edition.
• New level of interaction – aim and fire guns, swing and throw weapons and shake off zombie attacks with added Wii Remote functionality
• Huge environment – expansive indoor and outdoor areas of the mall provide a variety of different locations to explore
• Improved save functionality allows for more seamless gameplay
• Hoards of enemies on screen at once resulting in non-stop, pulse-pounding action
• Anything in the mall is at Frank’s disposal
• Grab environmental objects like umbrellas and benches to use as improvised weapons
• Snatch items from different stores to use as weapons including golf clubs, lawnmowers, frying pans and more
• Consume food and drink to revive health