Member Submitted

Nintendo 3DS XL sell huge in Japan!

by Matrix6 11 Comments 11 Votes 1291 Views 31/07/2012 Back to News

Nintendo of Japan reveals that their new iteration to the portable console market sees the '3DS XL' flourish to approximately 200,000 units in just over two days of sales locally.

The figures obtained from Nintendo were disclosed by Japanese magazine publisher 'Enterbrain' stating that the Nintendo 3DS XL had sold an impressive 193,441 shiny new units. Though this does not include world-wide sales. In comparison, the original 3DS sold over 400,000 in its first weekend sales.

Incidentally, Nintendo's latest addition on the 3DS format, 'New Super Mario Brothers 2' has sold an extraordinary 430,000 units after release late last week in Japan.

Source: http://www.shoptonews.net/2012/07/31/nintendo-sells-200000-3ds-xls-in-japan-over-2-days/

Link to us http://wii.mmgn.com/News/nintendo-3ds-xl-sell-huge-in-japan
Tags: 3DS nintendo XL
Vote for this article Log in with Facebook

Nintendo 3DS XL sell huge in Japan! Comments

Leave a comment Log in with Facebook
I guess you could say..the sales of the 3DS XL are..extra large. [MOG]

Matteh said: I guess you could say..the sales of the 3DS XL are..extra large.



y u do dis?? Nintendo 3DS XL sell huge in Japan!

Matteh said: I guess you could say..the sales of the 3DS XL are..extra large.


Matteh said: I guess you could say..the sales of the 3DS XL are..extra large.


I feel kinda pissed off.. I'm done with handhelds, last straw, I'm sick of buying one then only months later there's a better model, like when I had a DS lite, then a DSi, etc etc sck of it, they can stick their handhelds where the sun don't shine.

M@ndyz said: I feel kinda pissed off.. I'm done with handhelds, last straw, I'm sick of buying one then only months later there's a better model, like when I had a DS lite, then a DSi, etc etc sck of it, they can stick their handhelds where the sun don't shine.



Yet you buy Apple products? :O

The 3DS has been on the market for over a year now, it's no different to Apple's iPads/iPhones.

OllyEbbz said:

M@ndyz said: I feel kinda pissed off.. I'm done with handhelds, last straw, I'm sick of buying one then only months later there's a better model, like when I had a DS lite, then a DSi, etc etc sck of it, they can stick their handhelds where the sun don't shine.


Yet you buy Apple products?
The 3DS has been on the market for over a year now, it's no different to Apple's iPads/iPhones.


No.... I bought only 3 apple products, I bought a new iPad cause I gave my old iPad to my husband, i don't have an iPhone and never will, also I have an iMac which I'll be replacing with a custom build PC by the end of the year, I'm not one of these idiots who buy a new iPhone every time it comes out :P

M@ndyz said:

OllyEbbz said:

M@ndyz said: I feel kinda pissed off.. I'm done with handhelds, last straw, I'm sick of buying one then only months later there's a better model, like when I had a DS lite, then a DSi, etc etc sck of it, they can stick their handhelds where the sun don't shine.


Yet you buy Apple products?
The 3DS has been on the market for over a year now, it's no different to Apple's iPads/iPhones.


No.... I bought only 3 apple products, I bought a new iPad cause I gave my old iPad to my husband, i don't have an iPhone and never will, also I have an iMac which I'll be replacing with a custom build PC by the end of the year, I'm not one of these idiots who buy a new iPhone every time it comes out



Ah i just remember a while back you getting excited about upgrading your iPad 2 for the 3rd edition which was released like a year later, i could of sworn you had an original iPad before that too? my bad maybe?
Nah I never had an iPad 2 only the original.. There was another person here that was excited about getting the third even though he had the second one.. But it's cool man. Tbh not sure if it's me or it's my age but just kinda not getting excited about the new stuff anymore..early this year I was pumped for a wii u but I'm not now. I guess cause I'm trying to save for a build or maybe cause I know they might come out with another version of the wii u months down the track. Normally I don't give a crap and I just want it anyway but lately I don't feel excited :S

M@ndyz said: Nah I never had an iPad 2 only the original.. There was another person here that was excited about getting the third even though he had the second one.. But it's cool man. Tbh not sure if it's me or it's my age but just kinda not getting excited about the new stuff anymore..early this year I was pumped for a wii u but I'm not now. I guess cause I'm trying to save for a build or maybe cause I know they might come out with another version of the wii u months down the track. Normally I don't give a crap and I just want it anyway but lately I don't feel excited



I certainly hear you, i'm feeling the same way. PC gaming is definitely the way to go though far less of the BS.

OllyEbbz said:

M@ndyz said: Nah I never had an iPad 2 only the original.. There was another person here that was excited about getting the third even though he had the second one.. But it's cool man. Tbh not sure if it's me or it's my age but just kinda not getting excited about the new stuff anymore..early this year I was pumped for a wii u but I'm not now. I guess cause I'm trying to save for a build or maybe cause I know they might come out with another version of the wii u months down the track. Normally I don't give a crap and I just want it anyway but lately I don't feel excited


I certainly hear you, i'm feeling the same way. PC gaming is definitely the way to go though far less of the BS.


Yep.. See apple.mmgn.com/...

I was thinking about getting the second iPad 2 instead but a few pages later I bought the new one :)

Yep I currently bootcamped my iMac but it just doesn't have enough space on it.. It runs most games on low to medium settings but I eventually will need a better machine which is why I'm saving.. :)

Post a comment

Leave a comment Log in with Facebook

Recently Read

Featured Wii Content

Favourite 2014 game so far?

Favourite 2014 game so far?

19/06/2014 Polls 23 38
The console MMO: Destiny, and those before it

The console MMO: Destiny, and those before it

Tano 1 day Articles 2 14
Women are now a larger gamer demographic than teenage boys

Women are now a larger gamer demographic than teenage boys

Tano 2 days News 8 8
Friendly Fire Show 66: Gamescom 2014

Friendly Fire Show 66: Gamescom 2014

Podcast 2 days Articles 0 12
Watch Pierce Brosnan play N64 GoldenEye 007

Watch Pierce Brosnan play N64 GoldenEye 007

Gryllis 20/08 News 10 20
Nintendo gamers don't buy Assassin's Creed - Ubisoft

Nintendo gamers don't buy Assassin's Creed - Ubisoft

Tano 20/08 News 2 6
Call of Duty: The Movie? It might be closer than you think

Call of Duty: The Movie? It might be closer than you think

Tano 20/08 News 4 22
Pokémon Trading Card Game Online heading to iPad

Pokémon Trading Card Game Online heading to iPad

Gryllis 18/08 News 11 18
Friendly Fire Show 65: Advanced Infinity Remastered

Friendly Fire Show 65: Advanced Infinity Remastered

Podcast 18/08 Articles 4 15

Community Content

Awesome Gaming Stuff of Tomorrow, Today!

Awesome Gaming Stuff of Tomorrow, Today!

01/08/2014 Blog 5 0

MMGN Updates

Status
Updating..
Username

Marcell66 is now Level 11!

Marcell66 5 hours ago
Username

Marcell66 is now Level 10!

Marcell66 5 hours ago
Username

commented on No item trading between players in Destiny

punk 5 hours ago
Username

Marcell66 just unlocked the The Collector achievement!

Marcell66 5 hours ago
Username

Marcell66 is now Level 9!

Marcell66 5 hours ago
Username

Marcell66 is now Level 8!

Marcell66 5 hours ago